Sunday, November 15, 2009

One quilt finished and a new one started!

I finished hand sewing the binding on my Moda Arcadia quilt. I love this fabric line by Moda. It is so soft and the colors make me think of summers in Florida (oh how I wish I was there!). I only quilted around the blocks and borders because I wanted to keep the quilt soft. This was going to be my Spring/Summer quilt, but I think it will be nice to cozy up with on a Winter day. It will help me think about summer!

Moda Arcadia Quilt Front

Moda Arcadia Quilt Front

Moda Arcadia Quilt Back
I love how the back turned out! I can use the back as the front.

Here is another WIP (work in progress). I use some of my Amy Butler, Kaffe Fassett stash to put this together. I was inspired by the mix tape quilts I have seen online. I thought is would be fun to mix it with big floral blocks. The dot fabric is from the new Amy Butler Love collection. The dots are my favorite. Still trying to decide what to do for the back. I think I will use some solids since the front is so busy. I just love all the bright colors. This may be a Christmas gift, but for who.....I will not tell!

WIP

3 comments:

  1. LOVE both of those quilts! Congrats on finishing the Arcadia one... I've got to START a the quilt I plan on keeping. Every girl needs their OWN quilt, eh? And the WIP quilt... "LOVE" it too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every quilt I make my husband is asking " are we going to keep it?". This is the 5th quilt I have made for myself! I love the new Amy Butler "Love" collection. Especially the sunspots. It was hard to cut into the fabric but this quilt will be for a close family friend so they deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled upon your blog from Flickr, your quilts are beautiful! I will be back to see what other wonderful things you will be making!

    ReplyDelete